Bangalore – Urjit Patel Is Appointed as 24th Governor Of RBI, After Rajan. He is very experienced Economist, Banker and Consultant. Now he is appointed as governor of RBI, Reserve Bank of India. His services for government will be in charge from September 4th 2016. He is born on October 28th 1963. He is also advisor of Boston Consulting Group.
He completed his BA from London School of Economics in London. He got Mphil degree from Oxford university in 1986. He got doctorate in economics in 1990 from Yale university. Main positions which he worked are
- Advisor, Boston Consulting group.
- President, reliance industries.
- Executive director at Infrastructure development finance company.
- Member, Integrated energy policy committee. Government of India.
- Non executive director, Gujarat state petroleum corporation.
- Non executive director, Multi commodity exchange of India.
- Deputy governor, RBI.